Left Behind Series......WOW

I'm a Christian and have always been aware of the Rapture, Tribulation, etc... But I must say, although I'm only 3/4 of the way through book 1 of this series, that to have it brought to light is both fascinating and interesting. Have any of you read all of the books and if so what did you take away from it???

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• i've read some of it..i love fiction! i personally do not ascribe to the teaching of the 'rapture'. i'm  amillennialist. i personally feel too many took those works of fiction to claim as word-for-word reality of how things will end for this world, rather than adhere to holy scripture. i think those books threw a lot of fear and anxiousness into people who otherwise would have not been so freaked out. JMHO.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I started reading book 1 and didn't get to finish it. BUT I did buy the whole series off ebay and I'm itching to get started again!
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've ready the entire series including the prequel that was written well after the final book was done. It's a very good series, but imho a definite fiction read. I have to agree with dullscissors that I think many people may take away a good helping a fear if the books are taken as anything other than fiction.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I should have worded it as the books are in fact fiction not scripture... I hope that makes sense. The movies are fun to watch too btw.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ive read i think 7 or 8 of them!!! just wow!
    mommyto3bees

Answer by mommyto3bees at 11:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2010