Do you think you hear your little one(s) when they're not in the house?

My Victoria stayed with her paternal grandparents last night, & my DF was at work, so I was alone in the house. I was taking my shower, and I would swear I kept hearing her! This has happened to me since she was born, and she's almost 3. Is this just a mommy thing, or what?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's a mommy thing. Hopefully, you'll never grow out of it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I wake up at night thinking I hear the baby crying and he's not. I also tend to hear the kids when they are not home or are outside playing with daddy. Glad I'm not the only one hearing things!!
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, that's happened to me too, especially if I haven't been getting enough sleep.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, it is a mommy thing....

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes!! It's very rare to not have the kids in the house, but when it does I happen I swear I hear them lol.. Even in the car as well I always glance behind me thinking they are there.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I hear them too, your not alone. Its just a mommy thing.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes it is very a mommy thing i do it all the time, my husband thinks im crazy with all our 5kids and when there gone i still hear them i cant enjoy peice that often which is weird. i mean i love my kids i guess there thinking about us all the time when were hearing them and there not here
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This happens to me too....When our 4 year old spends the night with grandparents, I always wake up in the middle of the night b/c I think I hear him crying.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 11:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes sometimes I hear them calling me when they are all at school. I think it's because we miss them!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2010