Itchy breasts....advice?

I'm 4 months pregnant, and the skin on my breasts itches almost all the time. I've tried aloe lotion, to help keep it moisturized. Today they itch like crazy...any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm in the same boat.. 4.5 months and not only do my boobs itch like crazy but just about everything else itches as well. I just try and keep my skin as moisturized as I can with lotion, never tried aloe. It helps some but not completely!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Cocoa Butter might help.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i had itchies when pregnant
    it did go away after a while
    just another weird thing that happened to my body when pregnant
    when itchies went away, it was something else
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it is because your skin is stretching, get Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion. Use it whenever you itch. It helps prevent stretch marks also.
    2kidsandtired

Answer by 2kidsandtired at 10:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• try an oatmeal bath- I've itched like that all over my body pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant... oatmeal baths and cocoa butter give some relief.
    My nurse also told me that it was ok to take benedryl (I did one time but made me too drowsy so I didnt' take it again but it could help for you- ask your Dr.)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Get some cheap hair conditioner like suave. When you take a shower just befor you rinse put the hair conditioner (I know that sounds crazy..but try it..it feels really good on your dry skin) all over you especially on your breast. then rinse. Be careful it will also make the shower slick just like when your washing your hair... so dont fall down. Then rinse. Dont use on your breast when your breast feeding, stay clear of the nipple, of course. Then after the shower use a moisturizer and then maybe put a lite dut of powder so you clothes dont rub.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Just like your stomach your breasts are getting bigger too and the skin is stretching. Make sure you keep moisturizer on them to help with the itching and also to reduce stretch marks which some women get on their breasts too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It's from the stretching of ur skin . I'd try vaseline or some Lansinoh cream . It's usually used during lactating . However I've heard its just as effective during pregnancy ...... Congrats !!!!!!!
    tiffy75

Answer by tiffy75 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010