What does it look like when you lose your mucus plug??

I noticed a quarter sized brownish spot in my underwear today and a friend of mine mentioned something about it possibly being my mucus plug. Any info would really help!!

rwilliams928

Asked by rwilliams928 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine when I was 25 weeks and ended up going into labor a week later. Mine was just thick white and clear discharge. I had no idea it was my mucus plug, it was normal to everyone I asked about it.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 1:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• YES THAT SOUNDS CORRECTO...IT IS SIMILAR IN CONSITANCY TO SNOT!! BUT BROWN MEANS IT IS OLDER BLOOD BUT JUST DEPENDS WITH 2 I WENT INTO LABOR 3 WEEKS AFTER LOOSING PLUG WITH 1 MY WATER BROKE 2 HOURS LATER....PRETTY MUCH NURSE WILL TELL YOU HOURS TO WEEKS.....DONT GET TOO EXCITED,,,AND HEY GOOD LUCK..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• that sounds like your mucas plug but i lost mine for 2 weeks before my dd was born
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I lost mine the morning I went into labor. My hubby and I were in the hospital getting changed, and I saw this brown snot lookin' thing fall on the floor. The nurse said it was the plug
    GoodWrenchMom

Answer by GoodWrenchMom at 10:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I lost mine the day before I had my son. This is gross but it looked like snot. A huge ball of snot. Here's what I did to find out. it will be kind of nasty, but if you go to google and click images and then put in mucus plug pictures will pop up.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I lost my mucus plub a week before I started to dilute with my first child. It looks like a glob of snot!! I know its gross but its the best way to describe it. u can loose it all at once or it can break up slowly over time, it just depends
    heather1983826

Answer by heather1983826 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008