What does rep Brian Baird (D-Wash) think?

This is interesting indeed

"It's been an authoritarian, closed leadership. That style plus a general groupthink mentality didn't work when Tom DeLay called the shots," Mr. Baird says. "We've made some of the same damn mistakes, and we were supposed to be better. That's the heartbreak."

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  The day I start listening to a politician tell me how to think is the day I stop voting and just let them appoint themselves

So, how do you do this exactly, sweet, and be the entire cheering section, marching band, choir, and amen section for the democratic party no matter what crap they put forth?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• So, how do you do this exactly, sweet, and be the entire cheering section, marching band, choir, and amen section for the democratic party no matter what crap they put forth?

laughing

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When President Obama was elected in 2008, Mr. Baird was again optimistic that Democrats could bring real reform. But fierce Republican partisanship and the White House decision not to focus on job creation as its "number one, two and three" priority dashed that hope
    -------------------------------------------
    That part makes sense. He sounds reasonable.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'll read the article in a bit..from the bits above it sounds like he is signing the song he thinks people want to hear.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

Answer by yourspecialkid 7 minutes

But....yourspecial kid....he is getting out of politics...he will not be running...why would he "SING a song the people want to hear" ? He is just giving his opinion and it wouldn't get him votes anyway...you will see that IF you read it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why did the dumba@@ vote in favor of the crap? Listen to him sing now ..Lawd
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• and?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The day I start listening to a politician tell me how to think is the day I stop voting and just let them appoint themselves

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Hindsight is a golden opportunity to make changes in the future...wonder how many of his colleagues will take it to heart...

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010