Does any other mother out there have a 10/11 month old that just whines all day long??

I have a 10 month old little boy who seems to just whine all day long. He wants me to pick him up, so I do, and he still whines. He whines as he crawls around, while he plays, etc. Could it just be that he likes to hear himself? I always make sure he has a dry diaper, not hungry and not tired and still this is what he does. He did not start this until about a month ago. Could it be his age?? He used to be the most happy content little baby so this is so new to me. I have a 2 1/2 year old and she never did this. I guess I just want to know if there is anyone else that has been through this and what do you do to stay sane? It can really get to you after hearing him whine 12 hours a day!

Susan901

Asked by Susan901 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son does it when a tooth is about to break through. Is he teething?
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Theres a lot of reason why a little one whines a lot. Teething is usually the culprit and he doesnt feel good. He will feel really awful but not know why nor will you because the only signs is that he doesnt feel well and is fussing. :-( check his temp off and on. try a little pain reliever and see if that helps. he may have an ear ache/inner ear infection. look for things you cant see. pay close attention to his behavior and watch for anything unusual. Sometimes its hard to figure it out. My oldest daughter was allergic for certain foods (pineapple for one) it made her itch inside which would make her whine/ fuss/cry. Because she was small and couldn't tell me and had no other signs, I didnt know for years until she got up older and said, "Am I suppose to feel this way when I eat this. I dont feel this way when I eat other things?" Ugh! I had no idea.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010