I just got a positive preg test what now help!!!!

It will be a few weeks till we get a doctor so till then what should i do? and could i have gotten a false positive? or it that first response correct?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 10:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!!! it is usually correct but you need to get it confirm with the doctor, till then don't eat junk food or do anything that might harm the pregnancy.

Answer by older at 10:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You could always take another test. I must have taken a dozen when I first got pregnant lol I kind of just liked to see the line get darker throughout the week. Usually most places wont schedule you an appt until you are atleast 8 weeks. So until then, just relax and take care of yourself =) Congrats
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If it says you are, then you are. You can start by taking prenatal vitamins if you haven't been already and I suggest the book, "What to Expect When You Are Expecting." I love that book. Good luck and congratulations!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If it says you're pregnant, then CONGRATS! You're gonna be a MOMMY! :)

Go to the store and buy some prenatal vitamins and get the baby off to a great start. :) Change anything in your diet that you need to and start living healthier for the baby and so that after it is born you can teach it healthy habits. :) Tell your close family and friends, but wait for the big reveal till about the second trimester. :)

You and daddy go out and celebrate! :)

Congrats and good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You can check it again with the easy-to-buy testers to see if you get the same results. Sometimes they are incorrect...sometimes. Otherwise. Congratulations! If you smoke or drink. I would say now is the time to stop. Start eating correctly, take good care of yourself and start preparing to bring your healthy baby home. Be excited. Im excited for you! Woot! Woot!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Congrats :) My advice would be: buy the prenatal vitamins like others have suggested, stop smoking/drinking if you do any of that, and as far as food goes, make sure you are eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, healthy proteins (lean meats, beans, etc), and stay away from the foods you aren't supposed to eat during pregnancy. This includes any kind of raw fish, undercooked steaks, and do not eat fish more than once a week. Avoid the fish that are normally high in mercury. If you would like more information, send me a message :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was craving tuna last week so i ate alot of tuna but i didnt find out untill today i dont smoke or drink i am taking prenatal vitamins im soo shocked im preg i dont know what to think. what are foods i need to stay away from and foods and drinks i can have alot of?
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• One thing im worried about is last month i had a UTI and now im Preg could i be farther along than i think or could my UTI or been harmfull to my new baby? I got my UTI and treated it by a doctor and waited to have sex and apparently that did it and now im preg i think i got preg either in oct or september
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When my pregnancy test read positive I was freaking out!! i took like at least four more and they were all positive too. This is my first so i was clueless on what to do as well especially with no health insurance! Everything falls into place though, I got the over the counter pre natal vitamins and started taking them right away and then went and got my insurance and got to a doctor as soon as i could! Congrats btw!
    heather28311

Answer by heather28311 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• UTI's that are treated will not harm baby.

Foods to advoid: Fish with high levels of mercury. Keep your tuna consumption to one can per week. The book What To Expect When You're Expecting has a very lengthy list of safe and unsafe fish and what amounts they can be safely consumed during the week. Deli meats should be heated to steaming to avoid listeriosis infection. Cut back to one can or cup of caffeinated soda or coffee per day. No pain killer except Tylenol (aka acetaminophen).

First things first all you need to do doctor wise is call and get in a for a blood test. They will schedule other appointments later on and most times you won't be seen by ANYONE until you are at least 8 weeks and that will just be a nurses appt where they collect history and then a few weeks later you will see the actual doctor.

Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010