Gotch pregnancies with foreign officers

Two women that I know are constantly complaining about not receiving child support from men of other countries. These men came to the U.S. for just a year's visit for military education. I am soooo sick of these women chasing any male with a hint of military uniform with pregnancy on the mind. These men know the game, and also know that child reinforcement is very difficult between two countries. So the joke's on the women.

These two women are neighbors, so I see them often. I cannot even ask how they're doing without hearing these same old complaints. How can I steer the conversation away from these complaints when these women did this to themselves?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely, Deeply Annoyed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• What is a "Gotch pregnany" ? ANd please explain all the rest....such as "child reinforcement" ?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I believe "Gotcha Pregnancies" is what is meant here. Women have been playing this game throughout history. Cleopatra is most notable.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Gotcha, in that they are getting pregnant and expecting the Father to pay child support? How stupid.WHo ARE these women? WHat country? IS this like the old "Russian war brides" ? Or what, Anonymous OP?
    Anyway,it is disgusting. Poor babies....the babies who are innocently involved.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That is truly disgusting. Don't ask them how they are doing. My two choices would be go to the other side of the street when you see them coming OR ask them if anything is new. When they start into the same old story, just interrupt them and tell them that is not new you've heard it all before and then walk away.  Eventually they will figure out that you don't want to hear their whiny BS. Poor babies!

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If it bothers you so much, then don't start up conversations with them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010