To Concieve or not to Concieve?

MY BF wants kids he has none and I have one DD but I havent stopped taking my birth control Im just not ready for another.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• If you aren't ready for another, he needs to understand that and be patient. Men, even when the want the child, aren't the primary caregivers. Not to mention the fact that HE DOESN'T HAVE TO CARRY THE BABY OR GIVE BIRTH!!!!! If you were the one who wanted to conceive and he didn't, it wouldn't happen. When you're ready, then it will be time...ask him to be patient...
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• SOunds to me like you already know the answer. First of all, YOU said your not ready for another. Secondly, he is your BF.... shouldn't marriage generally be the first Plan? I only say this since I am in a similar situation. I have a dd and SO and I want one of our own, but: 1) Insurance situation is not right as of yet and 2) I kinda wanna get married before I have another child. Why put myself in the same situation as last time, except this time I have 2 kids and am single??
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 11:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Marriage first? NAH!!!! I have reasons for not wanting to be married EVER. He is 6yrs older than I am so the longer we wait the older he feels he's getting but i Just cant put myself thru that right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you're not ready, then don't get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I'm not bashing, I'm asking a genuine question.... why would a person feel they don't want to get married EVER? I understand with him being a little older wanting to get on with it. I think he needs to just find someone else who's in to the whole family/marriage thing and be done with it because you sound serious in your feelings and you are entitled to them, but he's obviously wanting something else so let him go find someone who will give him the family he wants if you don't want to give it to him. It's proven now that older men are at more risk for having downs babies etc the older they are too so maybe more men will start wanting to settle down earlier.
    Anonymous

• First off he is a good man and Im not letting him go. Im jus not ready to get married he has something that needs to be resolved before I get married. and child and I both almoset died on the operating table while getting my c-section after two days of labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2008