can 2 sons serve in war at same time

Debbie B.

Asked by Debbie B. at 10:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I ssen a special they did on T.V with two brothers serving at the same time. I'm not for sure, but I would say yes.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, in my city a family has all 3 of their kids serving their county and one is a girl. Only children/boys can serve and be sent to war too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes. Two brothers from my congregation were both serving in Iraq at the same time. One is stateside again but still active duty and I'm not sure where the other is stationed at the moment.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, because to join the forces nowadays its volunteer. When there was an actual draft being exercised they gave the exclusion to families only one boy at a time could serve, but it didnt exclude the other from his tour, they just couldnt be there at the same time. There was also a clause for farmers sons and a few others...but again that was back in the day when the government used the draft. Now its a choice for our serving solders to choose to serve therefore, yes I do believe both boys can serve on tours separate/apart or together.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

Answer by arenad 14 minutes ago

---------------------------------
    It should be : "I SAW a special on TV...." not "Seen a special on TV..."
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, ere is the facts,.... if you have 2 or more sons seving over seas, and there are no more sons a home, if all but one die, they HAVE to send the living son home in order to not kill off a family name, and for the sake of the mother.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, we have an all volunteer military- no one is being forced to serve
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My parents got my brother out of serving in the Air fForce because he was an only son, but the country was drafting. Now we have an all volunteer military. I'm not sure. She might be right about the continuation of family name.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yes. but like JoLee said if one should die the other gets sent back home.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2010