How do you market your business?

lacyjones

Asked by lacyjones at 11:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well it depends on the business. When I was a rep with Avon I got 500+ brochures a campaign, did "find the sticker won a prize" deals on them, had lawn signs, car decals, t-shirts and a purse saying I sold Avon "ask me for a free brochure and samples". I left brochures everywhere I went, even in bags hanging on doors of public restrooms, lol.

I sell on ebay and I don't really market it other than making sure I'm listing titles and descriptions that will be seen.

We have a carpet cleaning business and belong to servicemagic.com for leads, Angies List and we also do val-pak coupon mailings, postcard mailings, and make sure we have listed high on google and yahoo search results. I do our website and get compliments on it ALL the time. We have window decals for that as well. Lots of business cards, lawn signs, donate to raffles, send letters to businesses about our system being portable and fast drying, etc etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It would depend on the business you are trying to market.  Do you a home-based business or a work at home business?  If you have a home-based, I am assuming you want to market outside in your local area.  That would require radio, newspaper, local flyers, business cards, and just generally discussing your business with everyone you know.   If you are trying to market online, you can go with a website, blog, and any other social networking you can think of. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I do Scentsy and market some on Google. Alot of what I do also is what Mom2Jack04 said. Always carry something with you, local ads help, word of mouth gets me alot of business, donating to causes, etc. We can't sell on Ebay or any retail so we have to depend on the general public and being "personal rep" so part of that is building a really good reputation! Business cards, catalogs left everywhere you go. Google adsense if really good! You can set up a low budget, and still be out there.
    Depending on what type of biz you are in, also blogging places will show up on search results - free advertising!
    Good luck. All I can say is "Work, work, work!"
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am a Rep with Juice Plus.
    Email newsletters about health and wellness.
    Post cards mailings.
    Free wellness presentations at doctors offices, schools and rec. centers.
    Post business cards and brochures at Coffee Bean, Starbucks, Dr.'s offices, dental offices and in Health Food Stores.
    I always leave a business card at a resturant when I pay the check.
    Website.
    Kudzu.com
    Cafemom
    If you would like to receive my newsletter to get some ideas please send me your email address. ( I use vistaprint)
    Hope some of these are helpful.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Networking: local chamber of commerce, National Association of Women Business Owners, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There are plenty of ways depending on whether you are markeing online, offline or in person.

I'd like to invite you to join my business group Mommy Movers & Shakers.  We have a forum specifically for markeing and advertising techniques.   http://www.cafemom.com/group/movers

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 6:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010