Please Help Moms!! Need any support/advice for a baby who won't sleep

My LO is 6 months old and for the most part would only wake up once on a good night to nurse. Now we are trying to get her to sleep in a crib instead of her swing. She now wakes up every 2 hours and cries. Is this to be expected during a transition!! I even put her in bed with me and she still not happy!!!! I don't know what to do or where to put her to sleep!! I work full time. I know there's no concrete answer but has anyone else been through this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is what I did with my son is put him in his crib half asleep and play some lulby music. It is going to take some time for her to get used to sleeping in her own crib. Good luck mama.
    cmjarvis

Answer by cmjarvis at 11:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we use a fan and music in our dd room! i know it sounds silly but when we put her into her rm i would sleep on the floor for a few nights just so she knew someone was there! and each night i would move farther away from her ! it took about a week before i was back in my own bed! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It can take up to a week to go through the transition, and it doesn't matter what the transition is. I hope you can get some sleep soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh gosh I went through something similar recently with my 4 month old and all the advice I received was good but nothing truly worked. What I discovered after a week is that it is all about transition and/or growth spurts. When she was past it, she was past it and went right to sleep and stayed asleep. This may not be the answer you are looking for and it will be frustrating and you will try every method possible but when said and done just bare with it and it will pass. There will be long nights (try to get some help) but just keep him/her happy while their awake and just keep on trying. GL
    Keely625

Answer by Keely625 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• To move my son from the bassinette to his crib, I started by putting him in the crib for naps. First for just the a.m. nap, then for both naps, then at night. I felt it got him slowly used to the new environment.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010