I have a baby that has a silver tooth that is coming in.

Has anyone else ever seen this? I have a 16 month old that has what looks like a silver tooth coming in. It isn't a cap or a filling. We are trying to get a hold of the dentist so he can take a look at it. Its in a molar spot in the back of her mouth.

Lifes-A-Dance

Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No I haven't.... that sounds odd. Let us know what the dentist says. Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it could be infected - did you give bottles laying down because they say that the sugar in the milk can rot the back teeth (because you said it was a molar.) no judgement i gave ds bottles laying down till i heard about it. or it could just be funny colored.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sounds like it is infected or rotted. I would keep calling until I could see a pediatric dentist.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When one of my son's molars came in, the top looked rotted, and weird shaped. I used my finger and scraped over the top of it and it turns out, it was a piece of jaw bone had come out with the tooth on top. LOL His tooth was fine under it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes a baby tooth can be formed that has no proper nerve endings and circulation and it is dead. It may have to be removed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I wish I could get a picture of the tooth. It is definitely a pearlized silver color. Waiting on the dentist.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Comment by Lifes-A-Dance (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Weird, let us know what the dentist says.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Hmmm...never heard of it, but I just googled it and saw that a GRAY can be caused from injuries or infection according to a dentist's blog that I found. Maybe that's what it is? Hope you get some answers soon!

childs tooth turning dark
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010