So hurt.

My husband wants to take 2-3 evenings a week for "himself" he wants to watch tv by himself or go hunting or fishing or wrk in the garage..... I am just so hurt that he would even say that.We are a family and we need to act like a family. He goes to work all day and so the evenings and the weekends are all we have !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you should be hurt. Maybe he is just stressed out and needs a break. Don't you every need a break from all the responsibility?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would be hurt too! ask him when it is it your turn?

Answer by older at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree that your husband needs some time to himself, but does that mean that you get 2-3 nights a week "off" as well? Maybe he could have one night, you get one night, and then third night you relax as a couple. Everyone needs time away from the family. Just make sure that you get a break too if you want one. You both need to nurture the parts of your life that don't involve kids..so that one day when the kids are gone you will still have something to talk about and do!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think he deserves maybe one night to himself, but three is crazy........ I would tell him that he can have one or maybe two depending onhow busy your family is that week, but only if he agrees to you having the same thing.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes a man just needs to have his own time. Why not let him have some space to relax. Often they come back rejuvenated and wanting to talk, cuddle, etc. That's better than having him just sit there like a lump because it's what you want, but he's thinking of being with the guys. Then the times he spends with the family might be better for everyone. I've always felt quality time with a parent is much better than quantity time. I would ask him to start with one night. And you also should have time away for a girls night out, or to spend with friends. Ask him how he feels about that. I assume you're a stay at home mom? That's a job, too. Do you remember how stressful it was when you were working, and how you felt at the end of the day? Staying home with kids is also stressful. Would he be willing to watch the kids? Talk about this. You may see it as him not wanting to be with you and the kids, but it may not really be that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think 3 sound like a bit much too.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Everyone should be able to have some time to themselves sometimes. There is nothing wrong with that.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• 2-3? A week? Why does he even bother to come home then.
    Of course if it's hunting season or whatever those murderers enjoy, then that could be why he has such a high number right now. With my husband I know he'll be playing his Xbox 7 nights/week as soon as the new Call of Duty comes out next week. It's just normal in this house.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We all need time alone. Mine was getting a weekly night off to hang with some guys and then they no longer had a place to hang out. So for about 6 weeks he has been home every night. I am going to go away for a weekend at the end of the month with a friend. We both need some time alone, but our guys don't understand why. You need time to relax and not have to yell at someone or refill a sippy cup or cook dinner for an unappreciative bunch. You need time as well. Talk to him and discuss what is reasonable for each of you w/o yelling and getting emotional.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Have you seen Sex and the City 2??? I watched it last night and this is one of the main topics! I would be hurt. A relationship takes work and commitment and taking time "off" just doesn't cut it IMO. Everyone needs thier own time, but that much each week sounds like crap to me.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010