Sensory Diet for home??

I am trying to come up with a sensory diet for my son while he is at home. He seeks out deep pressure, activity, and llikes to put things in his mouth. I am trying to come up with things to help him with his morning until he leaves for school in the afternoon. His wake-up, get dressed, self-care, breakfast, free time, and lunch. He is three years old. I just need some ideas of what to do, how much, and when? Please help!

Thank you

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's best to talk to his OT if he has one. He or she can give you the best advice.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• LuvBugs3 is correct. Do speak with your OT about this. Google chewelry . There are a few online places that sell items that are safe for the kids to chew on --no lead, no pthalates, no BPA, etc. I can't think of the names of the companies though unfortunately. One thing you can do when he is wanting pressure is to lay a blanket on the floor and roll him up like a burrito. Make sure his head is out so he can breathe, of course. Let him end up on his tummy and then press firmly but gently on his shoulders, back, and legs. He'll let you know if its too much. Sometimes you can take the cushions off the couch and apply a little pressure that way. One thing we used to do with my son --and still do sometimes at church --he sits in the middle and dad and I slide over and lean in tightly against him. Or we'll group hug with him in the middle so he gets the pressure.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010