How long did your postpardom depression last and when did it start for you?

I think I've been having post pardom depression. My baby is four months old, but I'm just now starting to feel it. i don't feel good about myself, I'm constantly thinking about all the mistakes i've made (or the mistakes I am making) and it's difficult for me to get off the couch sometimes. I went to visit family this weekend and my motivation level was so low, I just did not have the energy to get up. I felt so bad for how I was being, but I was just feeling so low. I'm starting to feel better, but I know it's still there. What did you do that helped you? How did you get out of it? I never dealt with this with my first, so I need help. I want to be okay again.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• I am so sorry honey.. My PPD came when my son was 2 months old and lasted til he was 9 months. it took TONS of family support and sleep and I cried all the time.. we had a very difficult infant which did not help it and made the feelings worse. I know it depends on the severity of the PPD but you should talk to your Dr
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had postpartum depression after my third son. I would say it started 2 weeks after delivery and lasted a good 2-3 months. I did not get medication from my Dr. or go to any counseling or anything. I just keep in touch with friends and family, and of course got the support I needed from my husband. It is a very difficult thing, and should not be attempted to go through alone. If you truly think you should seek help from your Dr. then do it right away. It's better for you and your baby to get the help you need and feel better again. You deserve it! You have a lot of important tasks to do now and should be able to feel your very best. Good luck to you!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I could notice a change the day after I had the girls but wasn't "diagnosed" tilmy 6week PP check up... it lasted almost the 1st year...
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2010