Breastfeeding, OPK and a Positive!!!!!!!!!! Please answer if you are knowledgable.

So it has been three months since I got my IUD out and one month since I started dramatically reducing breastfeeding. No sign of AF. I have been using OPKs everyday and at first nothing only one line. Then lately two lines but still no positive. Then today I got a positive! So do you think it might be real? Or a false do the fact my son still breastfeeds twice a day?
I haven't seen any EWCM but the test says positive. And if I do BD for how many days should I and when can I test for pregnancy? 14 days after this positive or what? I am kinda excited! I hope its real!!!!!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You need EWCM for the sperm to survive, as far as I know. OPK's are notoriously wrong... Are you charting?

Without a cycle, the chance of getting pregnant (especially when you are actually trying) is pretty low. It happens, definitely... but I wouldn't be betting on it or anything.

Even with a cycle and charting and EWCM it took me a year to get pregnant again. I didn't ovulate for the first time until about 20 months (2 months after getting my cycle back) and even though I was ovulating regularly from then on out... nothing would stick.

So, don't get your self excited. Go throw out those tests, enjoy your baby and it will happen when it happens. I'm SOOO thankful we didn't get pregnant when we started trying (16 mo)... I couldn't have handled kids that close together!!! Remember, everything happens for a reason.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we feel having them closer together is what is best for our family and I know some women never get EWCM. I enjoy my son but were gonna keep trying!
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Do whatever you like, you just asked for advice and I gave it. Remember that actually *trying* makes it that much harder to get pregnant. We got pregnant the month we gave up "trying" and just started having fun.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanks for your advice. And def true about having fun! That's important too.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I got pregnant with my daughter while breastfeeding my son wit no bc and he was only 3 1/2 months old. My babies are 11 1/2 months apart and I wudnt have it any otha way their soo close and my son watches out for his lil sis!
    PrOuD_MaMa_2

Answer by PrOuD_MaMa_2 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010