For all the slim mama's

that look so fit and healthy before, during and after pregnancy, you know who you are :)

Tell me about your pregnancy diet and exercise routine, pretty please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat several small meals almost snack like meals off and on all day. never large over eating meals. dont get hungry. walk. enjoy everything. dont watch alot of t.v. or do alot of sitting around unless your tired. get plenty of rest, take your vitamins. dont drink or smoke. chew gum. eat yogart, fruit, lots of veggies. I eat ice cream, chocolate candy, and a cup of coffee(1 cup) in the mornings with sugar & creamer. Dont starve yourself for sweets because if you do then your body over reacts to the foods you dont give it. Eat a "little" (key word- little) bit of everything. It the amounts that we eat is usually the culprit. and dont get hungry. You dont have to be hungry to diet.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I ate anything and everything pretty much. You've got to understand I've always struggled with keeping weight on and it wasn't until after I had baby that I finally managed to do so. I was 93 lbs before I had him and now, 5 years later I'm at 120-125... I don't diet I just make sure that I'm not eating a bunch of things with the extra added stuff in it... Veggies whole wheats just eating fresh and staying away from the quick and easy drive through ;)
    Exercise? I do aerobics 20 mins daily and that's all :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I worked out a lot. I walked about 3 miles everyday and sometimes did the elliptical for 30-45 minutes. I probably freaked a few people at my gym out, but my doctor said it was fine so I did it.

And just remember, you're not eating for two. You're eating for you and something the size of a peanut., grapefruit, watermelon (depending on how far along you are). The baby pops out and drinks 2 oz of milk and is full. Keep that in the back of your mind when people are trying to force feed you!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• For starters, I've been blessed with a great metabolism. But I also stay active. I'm an elementary school Spanish teacher, and a typical class includes at least one aerobic exercise session due to the fact that I'm leading 26 students in the dance moves I've created to the songs we sing. Do that several times a day, with each class, and it helps me stay fit!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Cardio/Pilates

All at home from DVDS

The cardio is kickboxing. Alternate days between cardio and pilates. Rest on sunday, your body needs time to rest.
    alicia.b21

Answer by alicia.b21 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Great tips!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011