What is the most imbarrasing question you've been asked?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 11:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't remember the last time I was embarrassed actually... you can pretty much ask me anything
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant and when I was just starting to show, I went shopping for maternity clothes. The sales clerk asked when I was due and I told her. She looked at me and said "Wow, are you having twins?" I was never more embarrassed in my life.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There are a bunch that are tied for me, all relating to our family's size and spacing between our kids. Why anyone would think it is ok to ask a stranger about their birth control choices is beyond me, but a lot of people apparently feel differently because you would not believe the questions I get when I have all my kids out in public.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When I was dating my husband his mom asked if I was ever pregnant and if I ever had an abortion. Believe that mess. She asked in a regular way. I said no, I haven't. I should of asked if her daughter ever did.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was 14 and had a kidney infection and the doc had asked me if I was sexually active I was not no but he told me that he thought I was pregnant which I was not but my dad did see my face turn red as I felt.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have been asked If I liked it in the butt by my best friend inside a crowed mall .... let me add she was VERY loud about it lol
    sydneysledd09

Answer by sydneysledd09 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Usually it's a whole set of questions about how old I was when I had my kids, was I married, do they have the same father, did I plan to have them that young, why we got divorced, etc? As if it's anyone's business!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN For the young ones.... THank you
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• After I had my third daughter, it seemed everyone wanted to ask me if I had a c section. But it was worse coming from my then 12 year old cousin. I don't know why it embarrassed me so much, but it just seemed so rude that everyone would just assume that I had one (which I did not)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This reminds me of my mom trying to teach me proper etiquette and told me a story about a man who was going to a dinner party. His mother gave him some hints to ask start conversations with the ladies who would be sitting on either side of him. She told him to ask them if they were married and if they had any children. At the dinner he turned to the lady on his left and said "Are you married?' She said "no" He then asked "do you have any children?" She gave him a dirty look and turned away. He though that didn't go well, let me try it a different way, so he turned to the lady on his right and said "DO you have any children?" She said, "Yes, I have 4", so he said "Are you married?" she turned away, and he sat the rest of the dinner, with no one talking to him.   This might not make as much sense in today's world as it did when I was learning etiquette,  but you get the idea.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010