Did anyone else get a call from the Judeo-Christian Marriage League reminding them to "Vote their Faith"?

Where the hell do these people get my number? I'm not Christian and my Christian husband doesn't vote... So what exactly was the point of waking up my entire family this morning to remind us?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• rolling on floor

ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah, that was my reaction too! When they said "remember to vote your faith" all I could think is - Shouldn't they be reminding me to vote THEIR faith?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Exactly. People with organizations like that don't really care about you or your faith unless you happen to be the same faith as them. If it were me I would not have been very nice to them, but then again I have no tolerance for bigotry in any form.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I looked them up online, from what I found they are an Anti-Choice, Anti-Gay Marriage, Anti-Equal Rights group... Yeah, they DEFINITELY don't want me voting MY FAITH!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah, me either. My lack of a faith would have them praying to save my soul.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I guess they know better than to call my house, they would have gotten an earful, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wow! That's interesting. Did you ask them where they got your number? You should tell them to take you off their list. I've never heard of that organization before.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 2:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It was all automated... And by the time I got out of bed and found the phone (which of course is never put back on the base) they left a message, so no, I didn't get to ask them where they got our number, but I do wonder sometimes!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think that all of the political calls are annoying - they always come at dinnertime. I'm glad they'll stop after tomorrow. I do think that everyone votes according to their beliefs and their value system. We can't help but do that. None of us is going to vote for something we don't believe in.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010