Can the owner of a company do this?

The owner for the company that i work for say we are not allowed to talk to fellow employee. he treats about half of the employees this way and the half get whatever they want. i know this isnt uncommon but how far can he go with his rules? and doesnt anybody know of any places that are hiring in davie county, nc 27028.
thanks

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• Unfortunately, an owner has the rights to impose his policies as long as there is no harrassment of any kind. That is why I do not like to work for others and their rules.....thankfully, I am able to be a sahm and earn money too. not with a JOB but a Home based BUSINESS. This business can be done from anywhere, does not matter where you live. This business has an amazing product that helps many with their ailments...ie. lowers cholesterol, high blood pressure, arthristis, sleep disorders, gives more energy. ....learn more and visit my profile page and contact me anytime. I would love to share more with you.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would contact your local EOE commission. Look for them online. It might be discrimination if it is based on sex, race, or otherwise. Yeah, I agree with BusinessMom123, working for someone else stinks, I won't do it anymore. Unfortunately most of us don't even know our rights in the workplace. I have a suit against my ex employer through EOE because of discrimination.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• well i dont think its discrimination but i mean i right the right to speak and do my work and i fill like im a valueable person, but i want to better myslef and i know i cant here, but i cant afford to quit right now to look for another job.
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If that's really the case, then I would still contact the Labor board or the EOE. Don't quit your job, but freshen up your resume and start sending it out... you never know what opportunity might come along.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• PS Don't focus on the negative stuff at work. Take this opportunity to gain some skills for your next job!! Good Luck to you.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008