any moms out there whose husbands work away from home for weeks to a time?

M husband leaves for work today. He'll be gone for 28 days :( He does siesmic

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• mm... My husband doesnt just leave for weeks, he leaves for months.. we are coming to the tail end of his 2nd deployment
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That must be very difficult! I can barely stand the month he's away!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Not on a regular basis but it has happened in the past because of transfering jobs.  The last one he moved away in April and we couldn't join him until July.  I was left home alone for 3 months with 4 kids, no car and in my 3rd trimester.  In those 3 months we saw him like 6 or 7 days.  It was rough.  I hate it every time it's happened.  I can't imagine having to do it all the time.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• l would tell him how important it was to stick together as a family and if it happens all the time then maybe he needs to change jobs to be able to be with his family more. Nothing is more important then Family.
    tanya2boys

Answer by tanya2boys at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• paying for a family is very important! (to Taynya2boys). To justanotherjen: I have 3 kids, ages 2, 1, and 8 weeks. We live in an upstairs apartment (for now) and no vehicle, oh and I had surgery about 2 weeks ago! Its difficult, but is what needs to be done :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband was deployed three times during our first couple of years that we were married. Seven months, five months, and then three months.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010