Does having a heart attack and taking xanax cause a personality change?

My friend who lives down south is doing a 180 on me. I told her I don't do fb anymore. Now she ignores my e-mails and texting. Our kids were childhood friends. The last time I saw her she told me she was going to couseling with her husband due to her mil.I think there is much more going on. She takes xanax and drinks too sometimes and still smokes even though she had a heart attack. What should I do? I am worried about her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a heart attack and know first hand how medication can affect your attitude. A person that has had a heart attack will not base thier attitude on anyone because of a heart attack. A person that has had a heart attack cannot at times control their tongue and will say the first thing that comes out of thier mouth and will get a bad attitude for no reason. Just be patient with your freind and hopefully everything will work out for the best...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There's not too much you can do from a distance. I have seen people who have had a heart attack change their personality. They get depressed , but also lash out at others, as if their condition was caused by someone else. With the drinking and smoking, she is not taking care of herself. Do you know her husband or any other of her close-by relatives to talk to them about what you could do? Maybe just send snail mail, cards thinking of you, etc. Good luck and HUGS to you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I should send a card," thinking of you".She loves to joke around but when she showed up with those fake plastic teeth like a hill billy with her son acting so stupid I was floored. Her husband told her to put them away. Then she took them out again in their van when we went in their car and dancing too and her husband yelled at her. I know she takes anxiety medicine but this is just weird....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• maybe call her!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I tried to text, e-mail and she never responds. Her calling area is in the boondock area so sometimes she picks up and other times not. This is so frustrating. I hate fb. It is such a long waste of time and maybe she got offended but I can not deal with the bs on there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• She had one two years ago and she started smoking and taking anti depressants. This on again off attitude is like this for two years. After she gets tired of not talking she will talk again when my son goes to meet her son for the summer and then I can not get her to leave us alone. Just whacky stuff. But thanks for the input mom2mybabes
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010