I am just not making it???

I get paid weekly between $311-and $314, there is me and two kids and I am just not making it, after I pay my bills I have between $41 OR $0.81. Anyone know of any work from home stuff or side job? Last week I went $302 over budget

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Is there anything you can cut from your budget like cable or reduce your cell phone plan?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No cellphone No cable.
    blue_glass_mama

Comment by blue_glass_mama (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Smaller house? What do you spend your money on? We made 21000 a year before my husband joined the army and we struggled but not that bad. I guess we did only have one kid.

I dont trust any work from home things... Tried a few cost me more that I got.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You can find a work at home job, but most of them also require a quiet environment to work from. Lots of call centers are hiring right now, such as Convergys. But there is a couple of weeks training before you can work at home. I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Starting my own business selling Miche bags and Guy and Eva jewelry has saved 2 cars from repo and my home from being foreclosed on.....without that extra income, the cars would have been gone.
    One's paid off, the other is current now.

I advise it.....but make sure you're selling things you love---otherwise it will become tiring very quickly.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You might find a side job at www.care.com. There are what people call "care gigs" which are jobs that don't fit into the other categories. Use the pulldown to see the different categories after you put in your zipcode. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There's a question that was asked earlier this morning about good work from home jobs. There were a lot of good sites listed. You should check it out. Have you tried for food stamps?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Just a word of advice, stick with free options until you learn the ropes! I have a list of free work at home jobs at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• To cut down on food costs I did a lot of researching recipes. I have found out what I can keep for cheep in the pantry. That makes the grocery list easier. There are meals that are cheep and have a lot of leftovers. You have to get creative. Learn what veggies and stuff you like and what can be made with them. My hubby loves green bean casserole but I don't. We both like asparagus so now I make asparagus casserole. You can make a lot with crescent rolls. You can stuff them with sausage and cheese for breakfast. or hot dogs and cheese for lunch. anything you like you can wrap with a crescent roll. if you want more ideas or have questions feel free to message me.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2010