Do you go through your LO candy?

To you go through it before they are allowed to have any? Do you take it to the hospital to have it X- ray? Or you just dont care toeven look through it, you trust people?

I dont take it to the hospital, just anything I squeeze that doesnt' "puff up" I throw out. :)

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The only kids who have been poisoned on record by Halloween candy were posioned by people they knew. Just a thought.

I look it over but nothing crazy....I mean what are you really looking for? If it's opened I toss it. Other than that, I just don't worry about it too much.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Did I look at ever piece? Nope. But I did go through it as I separated it and put it away. Our hospitals don't xray candy, and even if they did I surely wouldn't take my kids stuff... That's a bit paranoid to me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Honestly, I just let him eat it....Is having candy x-rayed at a hospital really an option??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Since I don't take her to people's homes that I don't know, there isn't a reason to suspect that they have placed something in it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i take out all candy that has LAKE dyes
    LAKE dyes are artifical food coloring (biggest ones are red 40, yellow 5, and blue 1)
    red 40 has huge effect on my daughter, she is not allowed
    when she did have before i found out what was issue
    she had rash, in pit areas (arm pits, knee pits, wrists) sometimes rash all over that would come and go, she banged her head into hard objects
    when i took out, her rash went away, she stopped smashing her head into bruises , better eye contact, more with it- less zoned out
    she has autism

please look into food dyes, LAKE dyes,

** it is not the sugar that causes bad actions in kids, it is the artifical food dyes from coal/ petrolium = LAKE DYES***

google RED #40
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I look it all over. My kids don't go to very many houses. They like to hand it out at home more. So many of there friends come here and they like to see everyone.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I looked at the candy, and If I did not see anything open we were good.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• All the hospitals offer it here. :)
    kiansmom0423

Comment by kiansmom0423 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010