Is your DH/SO Christian like you?

How do you deal with your DH/SO not sharing the same faith as you?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My ex was Christian, I'm not. Religion wasn't the important part of our relationship. Plus, his religion didn't guarantee that he was a good person.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• He is Catholic. Neither one of us us very religious. We have other things in common so our religious views are not something to fight over. He is who he is and so am I. We accept each other as we are.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My DH is Christian, but I'm not. It's never been an issue or something we need to "deal with." He has his beliefs, I have mine, we don't teach our children any... Religion has never been a part of our relationship, it's personal, not something that has to affect your marriage.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We are both Christian. I would not marry a man of a different faith as me.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband... Did not believe in god at all when I met him. He had been through a lot, and I mean A LOT (i'll just say his whole family was murdered). I never let it get to me because I knew one day he would find god. I had my problems in believing, but I in time believed. It took a while for him. Kids, war, and a lot more. He know is a strong Christian.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We are both Christians. It was very important to me be able to share all aspects of my life with my spouse, so I didn't date outside of my faith.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• For me it was very difficult only as I started to mature as a Christian. He'd make sarcastic/rude remarks that I found offensive. He doesn't see things the way I do. I used to have many of the same opinions he did but many of those have changed. So that's a struggle. However, I prayed for his salvation and continually thanked God for his salvation even when he wasn't saved. I used my eye of faith to see him as a strong, Christian man. He has his struggles and though he's recently saved, to fully mature and grow he has some issues to continue to work out and I look forward to helping him along his way :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My Dh is christian, but not like me, we have are own opinions about things.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Ny hubby is vaguely spiritual and believes in a higher power, and i'm buddhist. We get along just fine.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, DH & I are both Catholic. Marriage is so much easier when we are on the same page as religion. He used to be Atheist, but I told him I wouldn't even consider dating him if he didn't at least go to Sunday Mass with me. He continued to go to Mass every Sunday throughout our whole relationship, and remained sitting during communion prior to his conversion. He came to know a lot of people at church, our priest was very impressed w/ him, and we got married in the Church. It wasn't til I got pregnant w/ our first that he finally decided it was time for him to attend RCIA to convert.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 2:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010