Sad day. A woman we know drowned her 8mo baby yesterday. How can she do this?

What goes on in these women's heads?? How can you watch your lo roll into a river? It makes me think of my precious baby. God, I hope she suffers!

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's sickening and so very sad. Unfortunately she is obviously VERY sick and it wasn't caught in time to prevent such a horrible tragedy.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• idc she has no excuse she is a bad mom and she sould be punished stronglyy
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 12:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I often wonder this myself, you see this with such reocurrence, mental illness is all I can atribute it to. Very sad indeed!

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Because she is sick and its just such a pity that nobody recognized it before this happened.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• She may have some mental issues, or even postpartum depression. It is so sad, I feel for the family...... I hope she gets help :(

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Mental illness more than likely runs in her family. It is very sad. We are hearing more cases of this occuring but our population has also increased, so the occurences are all relative. It is unfortunate no one saw the warning signs of her depression. I am sorry for the families loss.
    asohaei

Answer by asohaei at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That make me sick to hear, of these kind of stories. Poor babies....they do not ask to be born, and to have a parent that is sick in the head makes me ill. I love my kids so much. I just cant see how a mom can do that......
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have to agree with those that indicate mental illness. It's unfortunate no one saw any issues she may have had, or maybe she was really good at masking them. It is sad and tragic, hopefully the mother and family can all get the help they need.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• OH GOD, things like this make me cry!! Just like that Alexandra Tobias case! That one STILL shocks me. How can you do that to your baby?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wow... She obviously needs help.... I couldn't imagine doing that to my child, EVER.... that poor baby...my heart hurts just thinking about it...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010