best Birth Control methods?

Just wondering what you guy think the best birth control methods are besides abstinence of course.
I was on the pill for a couple of years now and stopped recently. I just dont like all the sight effects it has also the weight gain is a big issue to me. I dont wanna pump my body constantly with hormones.

LittleBirdFly

Asked by LittleBirdFly at 12:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• we're just using condoms until DH gets his vasectomy
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I was having adverse side effects from birth control. I use NFP. Natural family planning. I chart. So far it's been 3 years and I'm not pregnant. We don't use condoms either.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with Jade. There is no artificial BC that is without hormones and side effects.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yasmin (pill) is the best that I've used. I've tried 5 or 6 kinds of pills, including Yasmin and the mini-pill, and none of them worked well except Yasmin. The shot and the Mirena both had serious side effects for me (the Mirena almost put me in the hospital a few times).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think they all pretty much cause weight gain. Yay. I was on dep-provera, I liked it because it lasted 3 months and I didn't get a period. I didn't like it because I gained weight and got really moody. Now I'm on nuva-ring again. I like it because I actually lost weight the first time I was on it. I dislike it because my periods are really irregular and it's a pain to use.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have tried a lot of birth controls, but my body does not react well to any medicine or anything that messed up my hormones....at ALL! I had Mirena for over a year, but it was almost impossible to lose weight while on it. I had it taken out several months ago and have since started losing weight. Now we just use condoms. I hear that the copper IUDs work really well without hardly any of the side effects, but every woman is different. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• actually there is birthcontrol with out side effects or hormones, its the copper iud, i almost got it put in, but decided on the meriena one instead.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I used the Nuva Ring and it worked great for me. I didn't have to worry about it every day, my periods actually stopped all together which was nice and it was the only one that I lost weight on and actually worked! I got pregnant on everything else - even when I backed up with condoms.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I use an iud with out any hormones.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The only side effects I ever had with birth control was a lack in sex drive and moodiness, especially around my period. My favorite birth control was the Ortho Evra patch.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010