Do you ever struggle with prayer?

For some it is so easy to just pray. After all, praying is pretty much having a conversation with God. Have you ever struggled with it, though? You want to pray but for whatever reason the words don't come out?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It comes real easy for me, never struggled.

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes I can't think of the right words to say to express what I mean...but I think that's bc most of the time when I pray it's at night after the kids go to bed and my mind wants to shut down for sleep. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, praying comes out easy l when im in need of help i know what to ask him for but when i do it just to to it , so i can get closer to him its hard, i talk to my kids about God& have them pray at bedtime but when they want me to say one w/them im stuck.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope, Can't say I've ever had an issue like that. My relationship with my Gods is wonderful, just like picking up the phone...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No I find it easy to talk to god. I dont have a problem with it. I think it important to have a good relationship with god.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 12:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes all the time. Its easy to pray when times are tough but its not so easy when all is ok. I think thats why God gives us trials etc, is to bring us back to our knees where we belong. You just reminded me that what I need to be doing is praying :0).
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i admit that praying has been hard at times
    the last year has been really very difficult, many bad things have happened
    i have told God that my shoulders can not take any n=more weight, but still more is on my shoulders
    i know there is a reason and i am learning from these things happening, but i would like the oppportunity to learn from good things happening
    it just is not ahppening

hey God, if you are listening, would really appreciate something wonderful happening

very tired of taking bad things that are happening and looking at in a postive way
    making the glass half full is gettingharder, even for me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yeah so sometimes I just say "thank you Jesus! Amen." I dont think he needs a complete hour of confession. After all he is the all knowing...so Thank him so he know you know it was his divine intervention and move on.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes I have struggled with prayer.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think many, not all, people do. I know that I need to make some adjustments to my prayer life. Right now I mainly pray at night when I am tired and have the worries of the day on my mind. I am praying now for the desire to be a early riser to pray in the morning :). I also find that alone time praying in the Spirit is helpful. Then I don't have to think of the words and I let the Holy Spirit work on my behalf.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010