So let me get this right....

there are many people in need of medical attention that can't get/ afford it but hospitals are x-raying Halloween candy???

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard......

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do they charge $800 to xray the candy like they charged to xray my husband's shoulder?
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They only do this once a year, I think our kids deserve this much there are a lot of wackos out there that might want to hurt them. I do not think it is ridiculous at all.

Answer by older at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well, I'm not one to say that Halloween candy shouldn't be checked, because you never know, but... if you do some research you will find that Halloween candy tampering is largely a myth stemming from years ago. It is pretty interesting to read how the "hype" all got started. BUT again, you never know...

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They do this ONCE a year.. and it helps prevents scary situations like what is going on at Dover AFB right now where razor blades are being found in some of the treats.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We just had this conversation last night. My dh told me he read there has not been any cases of candy tampering and this was just a terror tatic used on us years ago. It lead to the tamper proof packaging on lots of things and higher prices. They have not x rayed candy here in a long time now. I do , however go through my kids candy piece by piece and just check it out on my own.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Absolutely ridiculous! They can't find anything by Xraying that you can't find simply by looking through it... Plus, there is proof that XRays can actually cause alterations in the candy - like microwaves can... Candy is bad enough without making it worse.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Agreed. I have not heard of this.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think it's a good thing. I wouldn't want my child to consume something dangerous.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wow...
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010