Do you ever think you're a better Christian?

Do you look at other Christians and think because you "got it right" that you're a better Christian? Or that your relationship with God is better than others? Feel free to answer anonymously :-)

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hve never thought I am better than the next person we are all alike.

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No. I have family that does this to me all the time and it drives me INSANE! No one is to judge who is better, God is the ONLY judge. Every living breathing person sins, and God does not gauge sin, so why do we? I think to think of yourself as better than anyone else is crazy and self-righteous.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah. I have.

:(

Seriously, I used to think pride was not a struggle for me. Then, slowly but surely, the Lord has (over and over again) shown me how much pride rules my life. I tend to quit growing and getting to know the Lord better because I start comparing myself to others and then feel pretty good about where I am in my Christian faith.

The Lord has to constantly put my eyes back on Christ. When I see Christ and Who HE IS, that puts me flat on my face. There is no room for pride. He is the only one I must compare myself to.

Now if I can just keep my eyes on HIM!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• LOL! no. my crown is missing some jewels, my halo is crooked, and my robe is kinda dingy...ain't they all?!?!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No. I am a Christian and I still struggle daily to walk the straight and narrow. We all sin and we all will answer for our sins. God is there to forgive us but we have to ask for it.

Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 12:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• NO! thinking your better is not Christian at all. I think that falls under "cast the first stone" and few other lessons set out in the bible. I believe humility is one of the number one lessons preached/taught..
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanks for answering ladies. My church is doing a series called Sickness Within and pride was last week's message :-)
    mz_erica03

Comment by mz_erica03 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• no no no... I just know who I am in Christ Jesus. Not better but totally and absolutely loved.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I am with Micheledo. I was very guilty of this as a young Christian. But as I grow older, both phyiscally and in faith, I have come to realize I am so far from perfect. I can never be any "better" than any other person. That kind of pride blinds you and keeps you from truly being able to know God's will.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• As a young Christian I was also guilty of this. Until I started to grow and mature is when I started to fully understand and let go of pride. I now know that we are all equal in the body of Christ and we have our own paths to walk. We are all human and make mistakes. Not only does John 8:7 apply, but also Matthew 7:1-5.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010