Who is Louis Farrakhan and what is about this relationship with Obama?

I keep hearing about people like Louis Farrakhan and I have to be re-educated about who these people are...there names seem familiar but can someone remind me of what is so wrong about him and what ties Obama has with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• He is the leader of the Nation of Islam... go to wikipedia look up his name and the Nation of Islam to know there beliefs. Probably better than relying on the opinions that will be posted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I believe if I can remember among all the fodder that Obama's Church Magazine presented Farrakhan with an award of some kind. Obama himself I believe was present at the ceremony. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken I'm sure.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Uhmmm..he is a thug too.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• word
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ok... I am NOT an Obama supporter.. but I do believe ppl need to do the research to determine the truth about ppl. I also am definitely NOT a Farrakhan fan... do not believe anything he does... go to Wikipedia and look up Nation of Islam

I'm sure Obama has been at Farrkahan events, however so have alot of other ppl including pastors, lawyers, teachers etc... remember the Million Man March in 1995... this was headed up by Farrakhan.. not everyone in that March was a member of the Nation of Islam or a follower of Farrakhan.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• A radical.
    Anonymous

• http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/298/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Louis Farrakhan is a black power, Nation of Islam, black racist, kill all white people thug.
    Anonymous

• farrakhan falls in the same catagory as rev wright, bill ayers, khalidi, etc. etc.
    Anonymous