HELP!!!! Dying?

I am terrified of dying just thinking about it makes me have a panic attack. I dont understand like after we die do we really go to either heaven or hell? Will I be able to feel and think. Like this subject really bothers me!!!!! HELPP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't worry honey, you are not alone. Many people fear death. I sometimes have mini-panic attacks when thinking about death. I'm not afraid so much of what is going to happen to me, I'm more afraid of what will become of my children without me. I think once they are grown and able to take care of themselves I will feel more at ease with death.

No one really knows what happens after death, and that is what makes it so frightening. What do you believe will happen? If you believe you will go to heaven, than during those panic attacks try to focus on the picture of heaven. As an atheist I don't believe in god or heaven/hell, but I do believe that our energy is released from our bodies, and is able to freely roam the universe. I don't know if I will continue to think as I think now, but it doesn't really matter. Just the thought of that freedom is enough to put me at ease.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• read the bible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes, read the bible. There are some really great comforting verses that help me whenever I get anxious or worried about anything. Phillippians 4:6-7 Especially 4:7 And the peace of God, which PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. and on this fear you have: Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what can flesh do unto me. God doesn't want you to worry about ANYTHING. If you have worries he wants you to give them to him(he WANTS your worries) just really pray and meditate on that and trust the Lord he will relieve you of your worries.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you have followed the commandments and listened to God and your heart..you will go to heaven..but you should pray...Just a suggestion.. As the above answer said, read the bible..I could give you some things to read if you are interested.. Just ask.
    Adnil

Answer by Adnil at 11:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• what does the bible do? you have to have faith in order for it to help---
    LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 11:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• do you think you might have a panic disorder.

death is something you really have no control over and if you spend allot of time focused on it, you'll miss out on your life.

if you are really struggling with panic over this issue, i'd talk to your doctor and see if they can help you with the panic.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 11:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I have faith it's just that DYING REALLY SCARES ME!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you have faith then there's no reason to fear dying. Why be scared of goin to HEAVEN. Maybe you are just scared to leave everyone and thing else behind.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 12:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Dying is scary, but don't allow yourself to focus on something so much that it interrupts your day or changes your mood negativly. Talk to someone in your family about it.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Death is just a transformation. Nothing to be afraid of. You are alive right now! So why waste your life worrying about dying?!?!!? What does your religion say about dying? Maybe you can find some solace (sp?)   there.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 12:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2008