What are some good Thansgiving and Christmas crafts to do with toddlers?

I have an 18 month old and a daughter that will turn 3 in January. What are some good holiday craft ideas that aren't too expensive? Thanks for any ideas! I love this time of year!

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• Hand print turkey's are a cute keep sake. put washable paint on hand (maybe different colors on fingers n brown for palm) Put on little orange beck n legs/feet n a little red waddle on the neck with some construction paper.

Spray some noodles of your choice with gold paint n let dry (any color you would like) (do not cook) Let kids put them onto pre-cut x-mas shape that has a hole in the center for a picture. you glue pic in place and put a thin piece of cardboard on back of your creation with a hole punch you could add a place for a hanger or ribbon before hand. Makes a great gift.

HAVE FUN
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 8:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Anything having to do with handprints is easy and can make a great gift for grandparents etc. Have fun!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Go to your local craft store and look around, they should have tons of ideas- pick a few that are age appropriate and that you can afford.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You could make the construction paper chains with her, like we used to make when I was in school. I loved using them to decorate my room at Christmas time. Just cut strips of construction paper in holiday colors (green, red, white, blue) and let her make circles with tape and connect them all to make a chain.

Another thing my kids like to do is making cookie dough ornaments. I have a recipe for applesauce dough that hardens nicely and smells great, and you can use cookie cutters to make them, and then paint them with glitter glue and it's really pretty.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Aww, that sounds like a really cute idea! Would you care to share the recipe you use?
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanks! Those are great ideas, too. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010