A 4yr old can be sued?

Recently a judge ruled that a 4yr old girl can be sued for neglience. She ran her bicyle with training wheels into an elderly lady who died 4 months later from the fall. To me this was a tragic accident. The judge says the 4yr old is old enough to know right from wrong. I, however, fail to see how the 4 yr old is going to even understand what being sued means. What are they going to do? take her piggy bank? Yes, her parents are being sued too. What is next..your little one going to jail for littering? What do you think?

Alamama

Asked by Alamama at 12:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand how the four year old can understand what being sued means either...
    VeggieMuslima

Answer by VeggieMuslima at 12:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry, I think this is disgusting. Obviously it was a terrible, terrible accident, and this little girl is going to grow up feeling she is responsible for the death of this woman. Adults get away with much, much more everyday.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Frivolous law suits... The world is going NUTS I swear it

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There was a post just like this one yesterday! Its HORRIBLE! kids just cant be kids anymore. We are trying to be PC but in turn kids are growing up way too fast. Its not like a 4 year old seriously tried to her that woman!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Where was she riding? What are they sueing for? Wrongful death? Medical costs?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I saw that on here earlier today, just plain stupid. It's crap like that that makes me embarrassed to call myself an American. This country needs to get it's head on straight and stop with all the B*LLSH*T lawsuits!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The lady died 4 months later? How is that cuz of the fall?

I think it's ridiculous.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The 4 year old should NOT be sued, the parents should be sued.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Link Please? I'm just a solids facts kind of person. No offense! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I heard about this too... Stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010