Do you feel controlling??

My Husband says that I try to controll him and it hurt me so bad I do not feel like I do he said this after he wanted to go out with his friend that is a drug addict and I said no please stay home. Am I wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• Most men are still in the frame of mind that we are lesser than them. That we should be the little woman at home taking care of the house and kids and doing all the cooking, then providing them with sexual needs whenever they want it. We should be quiet and out of the way.

HAHA I dont think they understand that times are different and we do have opinions. And we want to be heard and respected.
    Anonymous

• You are not controlling when it comes to the example you just gave! I have been in the same situation. Even though you can trust him there is no reason why he should be hanging out with someone like that in the first place. In a marriage you have a right to your opinion and if something is not ok with you then he should respect it whether he agrees or not
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• And anon is right. My bf has purposley done something I didnt like just for the sheer fact that he didnt want to feel like I made the decision for him! Guys have too much pride and even as "grown men" they dont want their friends thinking they're "wipped"!(sp?)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• In this case, no.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• He's just saying you're controlling because you disagreed with something that he wanted to do. He knows how to push your buttons. You're absolutely in the right. I don't feel you're controlling at all.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• it's hard to say with limited information. in this case it sounds like he is trying to turn stuff around on you to take the focus off his own actions. he is free to make his own choices, but he should understand how you feel and why and be prepared to deal with the consequences... if you clearly state that you are asking and expressing your concern in a reasonable way, you should be able to come to an agreement of some kind, which may involve you trusting him to go out. but be clear in yourself what your motivation is before you have the conversation.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• guys always think they are pussy whipped. i didn't like my ex going to his drug addict friends cause he was a drug addict too. that is why he is an ex. i would say you have every right to say no and if he thinks your controlling so what. if he is being stupid like a child then you should be controlling. hell i am think most women wear the pants in the family.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You're his wife. But you should also be trustworthy in him. His friend is a drug addict, and if your husband gives in to pressure than you have every right to say no don't go. He's just getting upset and im sorry acting like a baby. tell him your reasons and he'll understand.
    sariita

Answer by sariita at 1:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008