Isn't a land lord entering the premises without permission or notifying you ILLEGAL?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 1:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes,unless its an emergency,like a gas or water leak

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Depends on what your lease agreement says. Some of mine have said that they were allowed to enter at any time and other ones said they wouldn't enter without giving notice unless in an emergency.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• depends upon the state you live in. Most states yes. Google Landlord/Tenants rights and see what you find out for your area.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It varies by state. Where I live, it is unless there's an emergency, regardless of what may be in a lease agreement.
    Anonymous

• unless they have a reason to come in regarding something wrong with the place like an ER I myself and my father are both landlords and we always call before hand saying we need to come look at something and set up a time and if they are home or not its up to them what they prefer
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Depends on the state and why the claim they entered the premises and what your lease says.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• you would think so...but a friend of mine is having that problem with the landlord stealing his things. he cant prove anything unless he catches him on camera but his camera's have been stolen so he cant record him doing so.

not only THAT but you also run the risk of getting yourself kicked out and finding a new home, because my friend is under the court's watch that he can do visits with his kids if he shows he's being a good boy and having responsibility, he needs his home, its not fair but that is the way it is.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It sure is!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It all depends on the state and the terms of your lease.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• hell ya! We had our previous one do that for nothing..I asked him what he was doing in my apt. He couldn't give me an answer and I told him it was illegal and if he ever did it again without just reason I would sue him! Let's just say he never did it again
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010