how to ask my apartment manageent to remove the carpets?

uyatsiz

Asked by uyatsiz at 1:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Just straight and to the point.

Answer by older at 1:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You can ask, but it doesn't mean they will. Unless there is NO carpet in the place they aren't legaly required.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Depends on why you want them removed. Let me know more info, and I will tell you what I think.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 1:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why do you want the carpets removed?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ask nicely and have reasons why....bring coffee and muffins? GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i have allergies which got worse since i moved into this apartment. before i never noticed that carpet ever could do that
    uyatsiz

Comment by uyatsiz (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Your apartment complex will more than likely NOT remove the carpets due to your allergies. If your allergies are that bad, either A- try carpet cleaning once a week with an allergen reducer and vacuuming at least once a day. or B- move.

It's not the landlord's responsibility to remove carpeting due to your allergies, unless you want to offer to pay for the installation of flooring they seem to agree with.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• And pay for the flooring of course.. Forgot that part, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

• I doubt they would remove it just for allergies. I would invest in a really good vacuum and use it daily. You may also want to see if you can have your duct work vacuumed out. Then plan for the next apt to have hardwoods and no carpet. No fun on that. You could approach them and ask if they would be willing to split the cost of putting in laminate wood floors, but there is a good chance they would say no.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 9:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2010