Am I the only one raising....

A whopper crop of fruit flies this fall? UGH they are everywhere, and even after I pitched the fruit. My BIL says they have been bad at their farm this year too.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah! on my bananas!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• no we haven't had any here at our place, and we do buy fresh fruit often.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Don't have issues with fruit flies, but we have had a serious invasion of stink bugs and recently, lady bugs. Over the weekend the stupid ants decided to come back. ERRRRRRR!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, wehave had a ton of them. I put a cup with plastic wrap on top and a piece of fruit in the bottom. You cut a small whole in the top and it usually catches most of them. I did that 3 times and now they are finally gone.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah they seem to keep showing up.

Take a 2 liter bottle and cut the top off. Smear the inside with Vaseline. Fill the bottom of the soda bottle with an inch or so of apple cider vinegar or beer. Put the top back on upside down so it funnels into the bottom piece. Now sit that where the flies are worst. They will get drawn into the bottle and drown.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010