Religion

If most people worship the same God just by a different name then why do some people say others are wrong in their beliefs just because they are different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• because those who say others are wrong usually don't believe that we're all worshiping the same God. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I only worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is not the same as the other gods at all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Because Christianity is narrow-minded (I had 10 years of "3x/week church" shoved down my throat from age 7 to 16). What about the religions (paganism, mainly) that existed before Christianity (yes, there were religions preceding; Christianity is MAN-made)? They thought they were right. I don't think any one "flavor" of religion can claim to be right for everyone. As long as you're happy with the path you're on, then what does it matter? They all lead to the same destination. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I won't argue about religion unless someone is condemning someone else for their beliefs. Hense why I choose to have a relationship with God without the BS of a church congregation.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Coexist!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• "If most people worship the same God just by a different name then why do some people say others are wrong in their beliefs just because they are different?"

It's the same G-d, of course, but different religions have different views of G-d. Christians believe in a G-d that will send you for ETERNAL pain and suffering unless you believe He sent someone you should embrace and follow. Jews don't even believe in a Hell. So how can we say both beliefs are right? The only two possibilities is that one of them is right or both are wrong, but both can't be right. Now, I personally don't get offended if a Christian thinks I'm wrong. By what they believe to be true, I'm wrong. I can think many beliefs are wrong. It doesn't mean, however, that I can disrespect those beliefs or insult the people who believe it. As I said before, in the absence of proof, we all have equal right to be wrong.. and still respected.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Because not all gods are the same. I'm with shaneagle on this one.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That is why I do not believe in religion............

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Supposing that it is true that all Gods/Goddeses are one....it doesn't matter in respect to people accepting others beliefs, because not everyone believes that, even if it is true. Not everyone believes that so, that's your answer right there. People don't act based on beliefs they don't share.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Christians believe in a G-d that will send you for ETERNAL pain and suffering unless you believe He sent someone you should embrace and follow.

FALSE! Not all Christians believe the same way, just as not all of the Jewish faith believe the same way. There are branches and denominations of Christianity. I know that some in the Jewish faith believe they are the chosen and those that are not Jewish will be left behind when the time comes.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010