Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help on custody

My son (5) is being mollested at his fathers house, I contacted the police, CPS, obtained a Restranng Order, Attorney, went to court with my son telling the Judge what happened, with CPS, and the Judge revolked the Restraining Order, and gave judgement to my ex, with make-up time of 1 month. What can do? The Judge sent my son back to where he was being mollested!!
Please help, or give me suggestions please.

Answer Question

Asked by skyler1 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Did CPS find that nothing happened? You can got o court to try to vacate the previous order but that's going to be difficult unless you have proof that something is happening to your son. Is it someone else at the house that is the molester or your son's father? If it's someone else, talk to the father and say that you will refuse to allow visitation unless the situation changes. But you could get in trouble for that.

    Answer by ballewal at 1:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • Keep at it, go back to the begining and have your son tell them what happened. You have every right to file again as long as your son says that the mollestation is ongoing. More than likely, the reason the judge did that is because they hear this kind of stuff from moms who simply don't want their ex's to get visitation. A good thing to do is instead of asking them to stop visitation, ask for supervised visitation. This shows that you are really just trying to protect your child. Also, your son's father will prob stop wanting to see him at that point, since he won't be able to do it under supervision. I am assuming it is his father that is doing it, if it is someone else, that is more simple, go to the quigly house (at your local court house) have your son tell them and they will help you file a restraining order against that person. At that point the person won't be able to be at his dad's house while he is there.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • honstly, they didnt find anything with CPS or court, seems odd that they didnt, maybe .....ummmm IDK< hard to believe Sorry!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • I think I smell a troll...

    Answer by _Tam_ at 2:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • troll?

    Answer by JLS2388 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • good iwasnt the only one, seems like a fake story

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.