What is more important?

Who you vote for, or the fact that you vote period?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They are both just as important.

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Both
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Both equally importrant!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't kno WHY someone wouldn't vote. '

Every American that can vote can do so becuuse people that came before them FOUGHT and DIED so they could HAVE THAT SAY

Women especially, being the last legally allowed to vote...should be out in droves

There will be no SNIPERS, no drives by's , no sucicde bombers, no police attack dogs and no fire hoses turned on you. People fought for that and in many places are STILL fighting for it....

VOTE!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• As long as you vote your conscience, have done your homework concerning the candidates and know the issues, then they are both equally important. If you are just going to vote so you can say you voted, if you're voting because your union, boss or neighbor told you who you should vote for, if you're voting because the candidate is a woman, or is a particular race or ethnicity, or you think the candidate is attractive....then I think you should just stay home.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They are both important. If you don't vote..you can't complain! Go Vote!!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 1:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sweet, I know we never agree on anything, but this time, I agree with what you -posted 100%. You are so right, and you put that very well.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• *because

*suicide

TY jaycie

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You're welcome, sweet.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!! Good job sweets!! My sister doesn't vote and I very much believe that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. However, votes should be educated.
    Our rights and freedoms were fought so hard for that it's dihonoring to not walk in our rights. In other countries, people are murdered for trying to vote. I suggest watching the documantary For Neda.
    Not only is it a right but a responsibility. What I find is that too many Americans have become complacent. Many take our rights for granted. When I lived in CA, people didn't want to register b/c they didn't want to be called for jury duty, another responsibilty and right (a jury of our peers). What is going on?
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010