Is everyone Wrong?

Why does it seem like every religion is wrong compared to another? Why do other Judge over someone's beliefs? Is it really fair to judge someone just because they believe the same thing as you? Doesn't Gos in all religions teaches understanding of others and not to judge others? Are we not all the same; Human?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think anyone's spirituality can ever be right or wrong...regardless of how the "afterlife" turns out to be. For all we know, what we each believe to be the truth, will in fact BE what happens to each of us. Maybe we do in fact, each make our own "eternity" by the beliefs we live by in this life. No one can say for sure. And until someone comes back to tell us otherwise, none of us are right or wrong. We simply "are". And to compare a factual event as comparision doesn't quite jive, LOL. This was something we were scientifically able to verify. We have yet to verify any spiritual path as THE RIGHT path. I believe because there is no ONE right path...they all simply "are" what they need to be for each of us.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan Witch. I have studied religion for the majority of my life, and love doing so. I have never found a religion which is wrong or right... They ALL have their own pros and cons, they all have their own good and bad... Religion is man made, and because of that it's just as fallible as men are... This is why I don't follow any one religion, but instead learn from them all...

Frankly, I think anyone who judges someone else over their religious preference is simply insecure about their own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We are all the same, those who don't see this are wrong.

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• very true although if everyone felt that way then there would be no war, and then people would not be able to get rich off of others suffering. I have always believed that if everyone respected everyone else the workd would be a happier place. Instead of promoting unity, we are looking at diveristy and how we are all different instead of how we are all the same.

It is very sad!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, we are, and you are completely correct. Never could figure out why people felt that way, either. One of the main reasons I stay away from organized religion myself...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Doesn't Gos in all religions teaches understanding of others and not to judge others?

No

Why does it seem like every religion is wrong compared to another?

The vast majority of religions don't care and don't compare one to another.

There are only a few religions that insist everyone else does it wrong, and ironically, they are also the only ones that have rules about not judging. No wonder their followers seem to be so touchy about the whole mess.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Everyone is just as much wrong as they are right in their beliefs. NO ONE can say that my beliefs are "wrong" and they can't say that they are right either. All we know is what our hearts speak to us. There is no right or wrong.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have been reading a book on Kabbalah and the last person the author interviews puts it very well ... We are all heading towards the same point but taking many different paths to reach that point. (paraphrased)

It's a shame more people can't understand that.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Couldnt agree with you more! Sadly many dont ge that
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree anouck and SpiritedWitch...
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010