Infants and Trick-or Treating

Do you think its ok for a couple to take their infant trick-or-treating for candy? I personally think its ok to go but NOT accept the candy. You're the one thats gonna eat it....not them! So it kinda makes you wonder why else they do it other than showing off their baby. And Im not talking about friends, family or neighbors. I know ppl who have done this and thought it was rude. What do you think?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• My daughter was 4 months old on her first Halloween. She was sound asleep in bed, not out "trick-or-treating". I agree, if you want to show off your tiny baby to a select group of people, fine. But everyone knows the baby isn't going to eat the candy, you are.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I went and just showed my baby off we didnt get candy but I dont think its rude I would give them candy for them selfs to eat it. They deserve candy to
    Anonymous

• Im talking like a 3month old that CANT eat it. Not an older baby that poss can.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We do not trick or treat. We did make my son a Halloween costume and took him to see my sister and BIL at work. We also took him to my parents' house where he could "help" pass out candy. He is 8 months old. We don't eat candy, so Halloween is not about candy for us. I think it is okay if you take your baby around the neighborhood to show them off, but the candy aspect is supposed to be for the kids. I guess the people passing out candy get to decide whether they give candy for the parents.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 12:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We have already gone to two halloween carnivals that give out candy. We didn't take the candy but some people would just not let us walk off until we took some. So, those people we would take it. She is 9 months though. But, we did have a blast and everyone said she was sooooo cute! We took alot of pictures! We are going tonight but I'm also taking my 12 year old sister and my cousin and her two year old are going. If you have another kid with you that can actually say trick or treat than I don't see anything wrong with it. It's their first one, you only get one first!!!!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2008