Do you let your kids eat their candy at will or do you ration in out over a period of time?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its rationed. He has to ask for candy. But hes only 4 soo
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Rationed out
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 1:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I let them eat at will. They only get it one time a year so I let them have fun with it. When we were kids we got to keep our candy bags and when it was gone it was gone. Funny thing is my kids ahve learned that if they eat it all at once they are going to feel sick so they ration it themselves.

I think it is a great way to teach them how to control themselves and to not over indulge.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Halloween night is a free night! Last night they ate as much as they wanted, both were up half the night with diarrhea so I doubt they will do that again:) After Halloween night they will get to choose a few pieces a day. Neither wanted any today haha. I'm sure they will get over the rough night of diarrhea, though and will start picking a piece here and there. We will have a lot of left still at Christmas time and that stuff will hit the garbage can:(
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I try to ration it out
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We let them eat as much of it as they want on Halloween, but after that it is put up and doled out as rewards.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• little it wqas rationed when they were older i let them have it bad mom are not thats what i did one time out of the year i let them go crazy.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we always have candy in the house ... so i just goes in "the big apple" like any other candy and he can have it when he asks and i agree to it. but he is only 5. he would be a nightmare if i let him control it!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I Monitor how much candy they consume... Not much! since I am the one that buy it!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010