Dear Mr. Obama

Has anyone seen this You Tube video? It is very moving. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

It will really make you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• For some reason you have to watch it in high quality to make it work. But yes, it is very moving!!
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 12:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• IMPRESSIVE!!!
    LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 12:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• This young man is a real hero. What has Obama given for his country? I mean, the United States?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• That was moving
    I know alot of soldiers that dont feel the same way though
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon 9:50, it was moving, it really was. I support our troops, but like her I know that all the boys from my town that joined up wish that they hadn't, and do not feel the same as this soldier does.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes, I am going to have to raise my hand also, and speak up about the troops who do not feel the same way as this young man. The soldiers who disagree with the war..well, they do not have the LUXURY of being able to speak. For they are then charged with treason.

There is a movement among the civilians...it is called, "Support Our Troops. Bring Them Home".
    Only civilians have the freedom to speak out against war. And this movement is gaining traction.
    eyebyte

Answer by eyebyte at 2:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• CarolynBarnett, you should let the boys in your town know that they should be ashamed of themselves. The military is completely volunteer. They signed up. If you don't like fighting or war, then guess what the military is probably not the best career for you. They probably joined so that they could have the free education and the medical benefits. The pay isn't too shabby for single guys. But my goodness, they are a disgrace, not only to themselves but to every other active duty (and veteran) who proudly serves. If you don't want to be in the military, don't join in the first place! No one put a gun to your head! I am a proud Army wife, living in and Army town. Which I can say supports John McCain about 90% to the 10% that support BO.
    Anonymous

• Please let me re-respond.
    They know that what they are doing is voluntary. They signed up, all 7 of them have wanted to join the military since they were young kids. Of the 7 of them, 5 of them will be going career. 2 of them no longer wish to serve and will be coming home at the end of their term (both within the next 3 months) They all believed in this war when they joined, and their views have changed. That does NOT mean that they are a disgrace. The 2 that made a mistake joining will have that mistake rectified in the coming months. Of the 5 going career, they love military life, they love their jobs but they believe that we should take care of our people at HOME first, before we go gallivanting off into other countries trying to "fix" them.Please understand that just because our boys do not think the same way, it does not make any of them wrong.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Speaking for my hubby and myself as former soliders ourselves. We do not have the same views as the person on the video and yes there are a lot of people serving in the armed forces that feel the same as we do. CarolynBarnett, all of your children are honored and are not a disgrace. Just because we all are or were in the armed forces does not mean we do not have a mind of our own. People believing otherwise is what the disgrace is. To all the men and women of the armed forces: we respect and honor you all no matter what your views are.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• "I know alot of soldiers that dont feel the same way though"

And unfortunately, that's all the liberal media seems to want to cover. All I can say is, "Thank God for YouTube!" This is where we can all find what the media refuses to share.

Go McCain/Palin!!
    Anonymous