at what stage should i introduce a bottle?

So I'm breastfeeding fine and about to start introducing food, but what about a bottle? It'd be nice to leave baby with my mom and go out, so should I get her used to it now? Or start it with the solids? Should I pump? Or use formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• to get her use to the bottle start with ur breast milk. it will make it easier for her if she still has ur milk.. my daughter did not want formula unless it had rice in it.. she only wanted breast milk. but eventually u can start givin her a lil formula and try to do it like that.... Dr told me when my daughter started rice not to give it to her in every bottle so thats y it might be better for u to start her out with ur milk :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• pump and use a sippy if baby is over 5 months. no reason to break the bottle habit if you don't have to. my dd never really had a bottle. or I interchanged them with sippies. And I suggest pumping, once again if shes old enough to eat, she's old enough to know how shitty formula tasted and she's likely to reject it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Should be fine to use bottle after about a month or so. I started at 2 weeks with supplimenting and she was fine with both bottle and breast. But PP has a good point. If she's old enough, good idea to introduce the sippy cup. If hse won't take it and you want a break, go ahead with the bottle. I'd recommend breast milk in the bottle or cup, too. My dd had both and didn't care, but breast milk is just so much better for them. Formula isn't bad, though. So use it if you need to.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2008