Should I Be Concerned? adult content

So...I've been pretty constipated more or less throughout this whole pregnancy, but I manage to go to the bathroom after a few days of trying...Today I had quite a lot to let out, It hurt so bad at first I thought it was like a mix of going to the bathroom to the baby descending or something. When I wiped away, I saw blood. I tried to wipe around my vagina and look to see if there was blood there, but from what I can TELL, its just from my rear end...lol...But should I be worried in any way? Or is it just a regular tear? It was awfully painful, but it's so awckward to talk about you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you're not bleeding from the vagina it should be normal anal tearing from straining a little too hard or your bowels being a little too hard from the constipation. As long as there's not blood in your stool, you should be ok. If it continues to happen, you may want to ask the doc, they get these type of questions all the time lol :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 1:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You probably have a hemorrhoid hun. Completely normal to get during pregnancy. That would explain the pain and the blood. Go get some tucks medicated pads. It should go away in a few days.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It is probably from straining. Have you looked into getting a stool softener like Colace? It is ok to use during pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Hemorrhoids.
    Pregnancy brings on constipation. Plus most prenatal vitamins add to that.
    I highly recommend eating more fiber and add some prunes to your diet. Seriously. The more you strain to poop, the worse it be become.
    Get some Tucks as well to help with the Hemorrhoids.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanks everyone! Maybe that could explain why after i go to the potty to pee, afterwards i get up and i have this searing pain going throughout my rectal area (lovely, really lol) i was dreading the word hemorrhoids, but i guess i have to accept that i have it lol *sigh* at least its usually only when i go to the bathroom and try to get off the toilet (or a bowel movement) and im already 34 weeks so not much longer now :) You guys helped me a whole lot! I wasnt sure or not if it was it, cause i was kinda confused by the way the medical dictionaries and even pregnancy apps and all described them. will definitely look into all the stuff you guys recommended :)
    MissesRoyalty

Answer by MissesRoyalty at 2:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010