How do you know when your marriage is REALLY over?

We're separated. He doesn't want counseling but he still wants to have sex. I say if we don't do counseling then it's over but no progress. Does this mean it's over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I FEEL THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!!UGGG THIS IS HARD ONE BECAUSE YOU TWO ARE STILL SEXUALLY ACTIVE?? I WOULD JUST SAY THAT A MAN SHOWS LOVE DIFFERENTLY THAN US...THEY SHOW IT THROUGH SEX THEY ARE NOT TOO GOOD AT EMOTIONS..I DONT BELIEVE IN COUNSELING..BUT MY OPINION.. I BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO WORK THINGS OUT ON YOUR OWN BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU...IF ITS THE END YOU WILL FILL IT IN YOUR HEART IF YOU FELT A SIGH OF RELIEF WHEN YOU LEFT OR HE LEFT THEN YEAH ITS OVER... GOOD LUCK
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Well in my opinion, Counseling would be best. The fact that he isn't will to try it, kinda of angers me especially if he wants "to work things out". Don't let him use you as a door mat though. If your still comfortable with him enough to be sexually active with out a little feeling of regret than its definately not over yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think conceling would be good but if he refussesthen its over
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I know this is crazy but we tried counseling three times in our 21 year marriage, and it never helped, it only confused us, caused heartache. If he still wants sex, you are not over. :-) Try the Bible. Try Ephesians 5:22-34, in the New Testament. (You will be shocked at this instruction but it WILL save your marriage.) Don't give up! You can make it work. It can get so much better. It can get wonderful. I've been where you are, and now I am in marriage and personal bliss. Don't give up!!!
    Shelley522

Answer by Shelley522 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think counseling is the way to go... i would just focus on trying to save a marriage that you both happily went into. Both of you need to work on the marriage and it takes both giving/sacrificing and definitely putting yourself out of your own comfort zone for the other..
    Anonymous