What anti-nausea medicine worked for you?

Last pregnancy I was sick the entire first and second trimester, some of the third, sometimes throwing up 3 times a day. It was hoooooorrible. They gave me phenigrin, but it made me so tired, and I can't do that this time. (I have a 9 month old already). My friend used something that started with a Z but I can't remember what it was. Any suggestions?

crystalhuskey

Asked by crystalhuskey at 12:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• phenergan worked for me. most anti-nausea meds will make you tired, they are a type of anti-hystamine, and those typically cause drowsiness. you can try compasine as well. regalan is often rx'ed.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• your friend probably took Zofran. It is very expensive and usually one of the last line of defense type meds. like they will rx if the phen or comp don't work. And it's likely to make you drowsy or woozy too.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i was on zofran for both of my pregnancies because I couldn't keep food or water down without it.
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My doctor gave me a prescription for Zofran, but it was SO unreasonably expensive that I couldn't take it :( My Medicaid hadn't kicked in yet.

I ended up taking ginger root pills from GNC. They didn't make the nausea go away but they stopped my puking. I was able to eat again, even if I got a little nauseated now and then. I swear by them and I recommend them to anyone who's having morning sickness issues. I don't think I could've made it through the first trimester without them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008